Thursday, August 17, 2006

"He was skilled at capturing a feeling that most of us just miss..."

So, I can't believe that I forgot to mention this in the previous entry, but there has been a slight tragedy. I will no longer have a car next year at school. It had been making a scraping noise about 1/3rd of the time when you turn slightly left, so we took it into the shop. The guy said it's the brakes, and we need to replace them for $1,200. Which there is no way we're doing for a $3,500 car. So, yeah. No car next year. It's a bit of a relief knowing I won't have to pay for a parking permit or gas though. And hey, I survived two years without a car anyways. I can still just mooch rides. **shrugs** What can I say... snakes on a plane, I guess.

Anyways, speaking of which: SNAKES ON A PLANE. It was really funny. It was pretty darn funny. If you go into it expecting something other than an over the top movie where the premise is funnier than any of the actual lines, you'll be mislead. It is not funny in that they are quipping one-liners back and forth. In fact, the situation is taken quite seriously by most of the characters. It's the rediculousness of this situation, however, that is funny. It also went way further into the whole triller/horror aspect than I thought it would. I guess I figured it would downplay that side of the movie based on the number of people going to see it purely for the cheese factor. But there are some pretty jumpy/freaky scenes, and some pretty graphic snakebites. For that matter, there is also one rediculously graphic sex-scene which ends, of course, with the amorous couple being bitten by a snake. This movie, as a sort of self-consciously cheesy 80's horror flick, almost requires that sort of scene. This is, however, the start of a five-minute period in which, almost /systematically/, every single erogenous zone is bitten by a snake. You can just imagine the director checking them off on a clipboard or something. So, that whole part was a bit out of control. Ed said that it was "the Wrath of God being revealed unto the fornicators!", which Aaron loved. On the whole: I loved the movie. At least half of it was probably the late night with a bunch of guy friends on opening day, but I would be willing to see it again.

Anyways, after that we headed back to the condo and just chilled for a bit. Kind of my "last night in town". I still have not /actually/ started packing. I cleaned my room/put away all my clothes today, which will make it easier to pack tomorrow. It just doesn't seem real. Not so much the "going back to school" thing, but definitely the "packing all of my belongings" thing. I dunno. We'll see what this next year brings... here's hoping for grace and blessings.

"The simple pain of living with goodbyes on our lips..."
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment