Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"It's not you... It's just the fact that lives come together, They fade apart..."

A short update tonight before I get to bed. Though I've noticed that even when I intend a short post, it sometimes ends up on the longish side... "c.f." the last post. This week has kind of worn me out, no matter how short it was. And there is plenty to do before it's over. Like, packing. Which, actually, never takes as long as I think it will. So: we have confirmed Snakes on a Plane tickets for tomorrow at 10PM! I'll let y'all know how it is. I am trying to think of some way that I can dress up for the movie... I don't have any snake-costumes. I'm thinking of face-painting snake-eyes on my eyelids. I just feel like doing something fun for my last Ann Arbor fling... Guess what? I found the first CD I ever bought today! I know! It was probably from like, 6th grade. I didn't buy another CD until late 8th grade. But this one was quite a fun find! It's "The Best of James Bond: 30th Anniversary Collection"! Essentially, every Bond theme-song from Dr. No through Diamonds are Forever. Not only does it have a couple tracks on there that are heck of solid ("All the Time in the World" by Louis Armstrong), but it out-nostalgias even most of my "nostalgia" CDs! So yeah. I am pretty geeked to have found that, and I've been listening to it tonight (well, I've moved on now, but I listened to the whole thing once through already... and ripped it to my computer). Also: a poem that I wrote a couple of nights ago. I was considering expanding it, but I'm not sure if I will, so I guess I'll just post it up. It just seems kind of short is all. It is written in a core of dactylic trimeter again. Realize that it is a rough draft, I guess, but feel free to give input/output. Heck, I'm not sure what to title it! So, for now, I present: "Untitled - 8/13/06" Under a streetlamp where two dark roads meet I clearly can see what lies under my feet Though darkness on all sides surrounds me I cannot determine the length of the journey Nor what sort of life each road has at its end I know only that I am here at the crossroads And that I must choose a path ere I begin. "And [leave] pure remnants of an unsure bond. Perhaps we trust too much in this invisible thread to move on..." -L

No comments:

Post a Comment