Tuesday, August 1, 2006

"So I scratch and scrape to find a reason to live in a God or a girl..."

I have not posted recently. This has been due to my rereading of Harry Potter frenzy. I am done now. In that vein: Happy Birthday to him. Yesterday was totally the little dude's birthday. Anyways. That said, I enjoyed them a lot more this time around. I dunno. I'm not a "fanboy" or anything... but I like them. Yeah, but this entry is kind of a random, catch-up-with-Luke thing. Also: anyone have any good books I can read now? Preferably books that grip you, rather than books that you enjoy having read once they're over. And: no Clive Cussler. I have a semi-irrational dislike for him.

So, it has been /really/ hot here recently. Just this week. It makes it extremely hard to work in, especially considering the fact that it has also been exceptionally humid. Breathing is like trying to breathe in water or something. 90-degree water. I went through about 70oz of water today and only had to pee a little bit, once. That's how much I sweat. Sweated? Tomorrow night it is supposed to cool off though so... here's hoping.

I have started to get kind of sick of my job by now. It is a bit boring, and no longer as lenient as it once was. So what's getting me through this week is the fact that I'm going to visit Pinne in Canada this weekend. That will be my blast of the summer. After that, the fact that my last day of work is August 17th will keep me going. Just a few more weeks, literally!

I have not really been thinking any deep thoughts or living any deep experiences recently. Just... making money, y'know? It is kind of sad, but that is life often enough. Lord... I'm just waiting for You. Whenever you want to surprise me, y'know...

On the one hand, I can't wait for school to start because my social life will sky-rocket (not that I won't really miss the fun times here at the condo...), on the other hand: do I want to write a paper? In other news -- Teddy Grahams: The Best Thing Ever?

"Oh I tried, I tried to abandon guilt and other things that don't exist..."
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment