Thursday, July 27, 2006

She's like a hot cloth on a fevered head, and like a needle she leads me (well I follow like thread)

So. I've been home sick the past day and a half with some sort of 12-hour flu. It was nothing /nearly/ as severe as Arconti's Revenge. I only threw up twice, and the rest of the time has been quite relaxing! I have spent my time:
1) Reading like a fiend. It is sad that I only read when I am sick these days, but generally my Honors reading tires me out and I don't feel like touching any books the whole school year. But yeah, I am generally much happier when I'm reading a lot of stuff that I like. I decided, in my illness, to re-read the Harry Potter books. I have gotten through the first three since 6PM last night (about 350-430 pages each). I plan to start the fourth one as soon as my Mom brings it home from the Library, and may finish it tonight. Reez and I saw the latest two movies this summer (which were actually quite enthralling! I had only seen the first), and I had been wanting to reread the books so I could read the latest one. Generally my interest in Harry Potter has not gone beyond getting Potterheads all worked up by suggesting that Harry and Hermione should totally be going out, but they really are quite amusing books. I stand with my statement that they are not "Great Books", but reading them in sequence has given me more respect for JK Rowling. I think that she may have actually planned the books out in advance, because I keep finding little things mentioned that don't come to fruition until several books later. Anyways.
2) Watching movies. I saw Henry VIII, which was /excellent/. Very long, but well written and superbly acted. I am not sure how historically accurate it is, but it certainly seemed like a very nuanced take on the subject. I also watched Howl's Moving Castle. Now, I am not the Miazaki fanatic that Mr. Hottburg is, but I did quite enjoy Princess Mononoke. Nausicca was a little "meh", but yeah. Anyways, Howl's Moving Castle was at /least/ as good as Princess Mononoke! I think the main part that I liked was that it was hilarious. I usually find the Japanese sense of humor to be very... foreign? But yeah. It has some hilarious characters, and was a light-hearted yet meaningful story.
3) Drinking stuff that makes my teeth feel gross. I have little areas of OCD paranoia, and my grill is definitely one of them. I don't generally like to drink pop or really sweet stuff, but alas... what can you do?So. Back to work again tomorrow, then it will be the weekend! I think Aaron will unfortunately be gone (I missed a movie night due to illness, alas) but perhaps I will chill at the condo with Bobby and Ed anyways. :) I need some society.

"And I need more grace than I thought..."
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment