Thursday, June 1, 2006

I saw the end once before, you were there with your heart in your hand outstretched...

So I just got back from the all new "Thursday Night Prayermeetings"! (Whether they're calling it the "Summer College Fellowship" or whatever, it /will/ be dubbed the "Thursday Night" simply because of the precedence of the "Tuesday Night")

It was awesome. I almost didn't go just because I was worn out and didn't feel like getting up. It was super. I got there just in time for the worship, but intend on coming for the fellowship in the future. As I walked in, Bisk was explaining how the show would be run. He said, "Alright, we'll start off with an Our Father, then just launch into praising God vocally and finally segue into a song when the time is right. Because you all are mature enough to worship and praise God without needing a song." And I was like, "Amen! Finally, I'm back in Ann Arbor!" And not being in the whole "Teens = can't /really/ pray so distract them with games or they'll do drugs, quick!" thing helps too, I guess.

Anyways, it was great to break out of my daily work-centered routine and just praise God. Mark Gizczak lead worship, and he is pretty awesome. He knows all of the great, old songs that have probably never been recorded by Matt Maher or Third Day (imagine that...). Anyways, before this post takes a tangental turn: it was great. Praising God in community with some of the guys who I hadn't barely seen so far this summer was awesome.

Also: for the ride there and back, I pulled out "Conceived in Fire" by Living Sacrifice, which hadn't seen the light of day in a while. It is, as ever, an excellent album to get me pumped. Praise the Lord. Now: I have to go to bed, to get up at 6AM. I am really stoked about the Pentecost Weekend Confrence that my parish is putting on. Maybe it'll be great in a way that is compatible with LJ-posting, maybe its greatness will remain only in my mind. Its greatness-potential is not open for argument.

"Shedding this darkness, with every glance to the sky..."
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment