Monday, June 12, 2006

We are giving birth to our own future! We will learn, we will love we will work to change each other!

I have recently been listening to a lot of Conor Obherst's bands (other than Bright Eyes). I downloaded some songs of Commander Venus, his first band, and spent some time enthralled by what "emo" was before it sold out. I have been enjoying quite a bit of the music that he did with Desaparecidos' album called "Read Music/Speak Spanish" (the band name is Spanish for "The Dissapeared"), a vitriolic socio-political punk-rock on the decay of marriages and the comercialization/development of the country (Omaha in particular). I like it quite a bit. It appeals to my small-government, pseudo-anarchist, "A Silver Mt. Zion"ist leanings, plus it is just so good to hear frantic low-fi riffing with Conor singing softly, cracking his voice and shouting loudly over it. That may not sound appealing to many of my readers, but it's pretty magical.
I also downloaded some songs by Sorry About Dresden, a band on Saddle Creek including Conor Obherst's brother. So yeah. There was a theme to my musical downloading. Their music is awesome indie-rock.

In other news, I updated my webpage again today. I have not really written anything recently, or at least nothing complete. I sat down for about a half hour last night and tried to force it, but nothing /good/ came. Then, when I woke up this morning, some excellent stuff just flowed, and I had to quickly write it down while stressing out about getting ready for work. It is as of yet incomplete, but I have enough to pick up where I left off, I think.

Anyways, I updated the site to include my scripts that I wrote for Playwriting and the lyrics that I wrote for "The Berlin Trio" (which was comprised of Steve Metz and I). My website, once again, is linked in my profile. Yeah, upon rereading many of those things, I was struck by how much I still like some of them. The songs especially, are pretty okay, considering what I was like when I wrote them and I do like at least one of the scripts that I wrote. But yeah, if you have thoughts or reactions, feel free to comment/otherwise relay them!

There is a good bit of practical stuff to get through, musings and such. Nothing really deep or theoretical, at least not yet. I might leave that stuff until later. Either tonight or tomorrow, because hopefully I'll have Reez' graduation party picture up on Facebook by then. Joe is coming over soon and we are going to smoke cigars and hang out. That should be good, I have not seen much of my friends since I got back. So, for now: I am signing off. Catch you kids later.

"We will spread, we will cover the earth like air and water!"-L

No comments:

Post a Comment