Saturday, June 17, 2006

"We've been at the bottom, we've soared to the sun; Just to see how beautiful and painful it could be"

So yeah. I have been having the most social weekend I've had all summer. Last night I got together with Tina, Mike, Emma, Aaron and a few other kids and watched "The Machinist" (which is an excellent psychological thriller starring a 120lb Christian Bale). Around midnight, after hanging out for a while, we all slowly filed out. Aaron and I were still standing around talking by the car, and I mentioned that the night was beautiful and I didn't feel like going to bed yet. So we stopped by my house to get some cigarillos, then went over to his apartment. It is a pretty nice place, actually. Bobis and Aaron and I sat outside and smoked and talked, covering a variety of topics ranging from God to girls to Mariology to "Revival". Then Ed came home and we went inside and hung out. We ended up watching a decent (if poorly written) student sci-fi film that was about 20 minutes long. By that point, it was 2:30AM and I was about to shuffle off home. Then Ed said, "So... do you play Halo?" and I was like, "Do I?" so for the next hour and a half we fragged it up. It was fun to play again, seeing as I haven't taken up the rocket launcher since last semester. So I got to bed about 4:30AM. It was a great night. I have been somewhat socially starved this summer, all of us have been really busy with our jobs.

Tonight was also a hangout night at Aaron's apartment. We got together at 9PM and watched "Rat Race", which had some /hilarious/ parts, but overall was a dud, and featured probably the worst ending I've ever seen in a movie. It was one of those endings where you just roll your eyes and groan, except that it went on for (I kid you not) 10-15 minutes. After that, we just hung around joking and laughing until we were red in the face, and played a few rounds of Halo. Ed is pretty good, but I am usually second place by a respectable margin. Anyways, so that was really fun too.

Reez and I baked a pie today. She is going camping for a few days starting tomorrow, so we decided to do the whole "Father's Day Dinner" tonight instead. We had steak fajitas, which were /the-fishes/, then our strawberry-rhubarb pie for desert. So I guess this is my second foray into pie-making (ask me about the first Great Pie Disaster sometime). Yeah, but that went pretty smoothly, and I can pretty confidently pie it up now at a moment's notice. Speaking of food, I don't know what's up with me, but I love guacomole all of a sudden. Ever since I had it at Reez's Party. I mean, I never /hated/ it, I just never had an opinion really. But it is pretty awesome on most things!

Sorry to just give a "facts-only" update. I always feel kind of weaksauce when I do these, but I figure it's better than writing nothing at all, and hopefully I can get the "oomph" to post something of substance later. I mean, seriously... guacomole?

"Wings that were ours! Broken from trying! Wings that were ours! Melted while flying!"
-L

P.S. Reez is on Facebook now. Friend her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment