Monday, March 13, 2006

New Jersey Update: Monday

Now ends the first week-day in New Jersey (I am too tired to count what day of vacation it is). Tomorrow we go explore "the City" and see Phantom, etc.

Today we went to the Bronx Zoo. It was pretty tight. A few of the cool animals were not there due to "cold weather" (it was 64F), but that just meant that we could take our time looking at the other ones. Some of the monkeys were hilarious, and the Black Panthers (proper-noun intended) were just too cool for such as the schools. I have to say though that the best part was this little video of tigers swimming that they played in the tiger-section. It had this one part where this tiger backs reluctantly into a pool, testing the water with his toe then slowly easing his way in. It was /frickadiculous/! After he finally sat down in the pond, you could only see his head above the water. He just started lapping the water with his tongue, then got the most ludicrous look on his face just before the cut! That probably made my day.I'm not sure why I love animals so much. They all just make me laugh. My household brothers just don't understand why pictures such as this send me into convulsions, and I'm not really sure either. It's just this vague impression that God made animals as this huge joke. They all walk around, looking so serious, but at the same time I get the distinct impression that they have absolutely no idea what they're doing! So suffice to say that I had fun today, and got myself completely worn out. I sort of miss my dog.

Apparently my little sister is probably going to live in Thomas More next year, because her potential room-mate wants to live there. On the one hand, I love Marian and know more about the Marian households, so it makes me a little sad that she's going to be all the way across the campus instead of two seconds away. On the other hand, I can see her fitting into TM pretty well too, what with the general jockiness that seems to exist there. Whatever, I'm still just "geeked" that she's coming here (there?).

Hesychia,
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment