Thursday, March 16, 2006

New Jersey Update: Thursday

So this is my update for Thursday, in outline form:
1) We visited Victoria, Claire's friend. She has a baby and the fattest Labrador I've ever seen. Fun was had with all three of them.
2) We went down to the "Jersey Shore" and visited Claire's grandmother. We had cookies and tea at her house, watched CNN with her and kept up a running commentary on World News.
3) We went to the actual Jersey shore and walked on the beach. I picked up some shells to put on my shelf at school. Maybe it will make the room more festive/vacationy. We also tried to dig up hermit crabs unsuccessfully, and I wrote "Mark is a girl" in the sand /twice/. He was not expecting to come across the first one, but the second caught him completely off-guard. I then found a sign-post and Susanna found a pine-cone. We played baseball with them for a few minutes.
4) We went to "Little India" for dinner. It is apparently the most authentic Indian cuisine experience around, including anything in "the City". I wanted to go and managed to convince Claire (i.e. said "Let's go eat Indian over Spring Break.") and the others. It was excellent food. I had some sort of Goat. It was their "mild" spiciness-setting, so it was not overwhelming (though certainly not tame by my Swedish standards) and we had enough yogurt to go around. So there was actually no intestinal difficulties, which was strange and welcome! Definitely worth doing again, maybe I'll look into Rajah Rani's when I'm back in "Tree-Town".
And that's all I have to say about that.

Hesychia,
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment