Friday, March 31, 2006

A Material Update

Sometimes it is hard to sit down and write here because one the one hand I have material updates w/re: what is going on in my life, and on the other hand I have longwinded "thoughts of the day" that could drag on for a while. I feel compelled to keep the two pretty separate because I'm sure that some people read this blog mostly for the former, more practical news, and I would hate for them to be overwhelmed by the vast marshland that is my mind (nice mental image), thus missing out on details such as the election of a new CTL coordinator. So here is a purely practical update.

Yeah, so maybe you've already heard, maybe not. A surprising number of people seem to know. We had the CTL coordinator elections last night. It was between Josh Houde and myself, and I won. I am convinced that it was a very close election, however. I mean, Houde read his "vision statement" for household before I did, and I was pretty intimidated. I mean, I can't honestly stand up and say, "I would definitely make a better coordinator than Josh Houde." It's just not true. It is also the case, however, that I have felt called to fulfill this role in household next year. So I am at peace with the way things worked out, and pretty excited for next year. I don't assume actual coordinator-ship for a few more weeks, when Matt MacDonald passes on "The Shaft", and even then he will be there to help my transition.The great thing is, as several brothers noted during the Q&A section, about 75% of Houde and my vision statements were the same. The rest of it was personal style and practical plans for implementation but, as Houde said, "It's the same Holy Ghost's vision." I chose Houde as my Ass-Co (Assistant Coordinator) for next year, and I think that'll be great. He has a lot of enthusiasm and strengths that perfectly complement some of my weaknesses. Like Rico said, "It's like you two are each half of the perfect coordinator!" So, yeah. My hope is that he will be a strong Ass-Co and still bring as much of his take on the vision to household as possible. Like I said in my vision statement, I think that next year, as a predominantly young household, we're going to have a lot of enthusiasm. As coordinator, I plan to do everything possible to nurture, channel and facilitate that enthusiasm and creativity into great things for CTL. It's going to be awesome. A large part of the practical side of my vision was to get as many brothers on Orientation Team as possible, and already two of them have said they'll do it. The more the better!

And now I have to write my talk on Our Lady of Sorrows for retreat. We leave in two and a half hours. :)

Hesychia,-L

P.S. I guess my "nothing but the facts ma'am" updates can get pretty lengthy too...
P.P.S. I ought also to mention that my loving mother sent me what looks to be a treasure chest full of wonderful chocolate chip cookies! I will hide them safely in my room for the weekend, and be sure to bring them to Men's Group. Num-Num!

No comments:

Post a Comment