Monday, March 27, 2006

Poop-news, Good-news and My Sunday Afternoon

So, today I get to my Adjustment class, see the other kids with their workbooks and I'm like, "Crap." I totally forgot to do it. I asked and he was unrelenting on the whole "no late work" policy so... I think the /most/ I can get in that class now is an 88%. So there goes my hopes for all A's. The really sucky thing is that, if I had remembered, that assignment would have taken me 30min to do, tops.

On a brighter note, Eric Dumas (the RD of Trinity) asked me the other day to stop by his room sometime to talk. After a few tries, I caught him there this evening. He pretty much said that he just wanted me to know that cutting me off the RA-staff was a tough decision and that I did make it to the top few. He said that it wasn't so much indicative of me not being a good candidate as it was a matter of having way /too/ many good choices this year. So he encouraged me to apply again next year, which I'm probably going to do. I think this just underscores the idea that God probably wants me to be coordinator next year instead. The elections are this Thursday (we got a rush-deadline imposed from above), and I still have to write a "vision statement" for household so... prayers for me and for household's discernment are appreciated.

Other good news is that CTL's Meditation tonight was awesome. It was Chrissy P's turn and he did an awesome job. It was on brotherhood and some practical strategies for maintaining it, especially with regards to reconciling differences/offences. It certainly hit home to several things household needs this and next year. I'm going to miss that crazy Canadian next year... but at least he'll be back my Senior year. So I spent most of yesterday (Sunday) listening to/ripping music. I gave up listening to music for Lent (the second year in a row) as my main sacrifice, and so far it has been easier than it was last year. Those who know me know that I listen to a /lot/ of music, so giving it up is, well... not a /challenge/ because I have no trouble doing it once I've decided to. It's definitely big part of my daily life to give up though. So I take full advantage of my Sundays to catch up on new bands I've discovered as well as songs that I've been wanting to listen to all week.

In this case, my week was a rather nostalgic one, so I spent the whole day ripping all of the old third-wave Ska CDs that I owned in 8th/9th grade but lost. Luckily Joe G. still has all of them in his collection. I spent most of the day rediscovering the joys that the OC Supertones and Insyderz brought to my life, and now that I have them on my computer, I hope to re-add "ska-kid" to my already voluminous musical self-description (future-pop/EBM-listening metalcore post-rocker emo-kid with indie sensibilities, for those keeping score at home). On a funny note, the other night Pinne (Christopher Pinnegar) had a NET-candidate staying in his room. We got to talking about music (because he had longish hair) and he asked me what I listened to. I told him some basic genres that I frequent and after I was done he kind of had a blank look on his face and said, "Dude, I'm not even sure what most of that is." He listens to Reliant K (who, I will reiterate once again, it is perfectly okay for girls to like). The three of us ended up having a good-yet-short music conversation despite that, and the fact that he was an emo-hater. This probably shook up poor Pinne more than it did me, seeing as he has no other pretensious, hyphenated sub/cross-genres to keep him warm if his emo fails to impress.

I actually have been thinking about music a bit recently, as going cold-turkey makes one do... but that is a post for another time. For now, good luck and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment