Thursday, March 23, 2006

Oops, I guess...

I really didn't mean to post anything today... I really don't want to put up my superlong ramblings /every/ single day. I figure I already pretty much lost my readership over Spring Break but... well, I guess this "LJ" was always more for me to write than you to read so gosh darn it, I'll write.

Writing is not something I've been doing a whole lot of recently. I haven't updated my website since mid-Summer (I should...). I have only written /one/ poem post-breakup (though, to be honest, it hasn't been super traumatic), and the last time I wrote before then was a few short ditties over Christmas break. Honestly, it's a little weird. I've always (well, since old-times) thought of myself as a writer, and here I haven't written much recently. From Girl 1 in early 2004 through Girl 3 in early 2006, I have written a poem or three about pretty much everything I've felt during that time, be it spiritual, emotional or physical. Last year I did at least a semester of two-per-week. It was always a form of validation, I guess. I write about it: there it is, encapsulated perfectly (or amateurishly) in 14 lines that I can reread years later and say, "Yeah, I felt/thought exactly that way."

But I haven't been writing recently, or at least not poetry. Instead of having this urge to compress the (so-called) "Human Experience" into 70 iambs, I have been compulsively writing long-winded entries on an "LJ". And I've been pleased with how some of them turn out. So maybe this is a new turn in the road? I sort-of miss "Writer's Group" sometimes. Those were good times, if nothing else. At least looking back they were good, and I don't really talk about writing with anyone these days.

So I guess this post boils down to:
a) I have been feeling, and validating feelings, without the help of metre or rhyme.
b) I reread most of my poetry tonight (by which I mean at 3:00AM after long conversation with brothers, previous to which I watched Pulp Fiction, which I quite enjoyed) and am feeling in a pretty nostalgic mood due to all three of those. Conversation with brothers is awesome. Pulp Fiction was much better than purported. Even my gothy poetry took on a happy glow in hindsight.

Ah, Nostalgia...

No comments:

Post a Comment