Monday, July 24, 2006

Revolution is just a word, loses more each time it's heard

So yeah. I got a cell-phone this past weekend. The phone (which is really nice) was free as part of my mom & sister's upgrade deal, and it was only $10 to add someone new onto the family plan so... we went for it! This means I am one of four people on a 700minute/month plan, so it is mainly for calling other Verizon phones or after 9PM or on weekends. That said, I would love to hear from anyone who cares to give it a ring. The number is on my Facebook account, if you want it. I am assuming that pretty much everyone who reads this (it occured to me the other day that I have /no/ idea who actually reads this anymore) is a Facebook friend of mine, so you can get it there. So yeah, give me a call so I can add your number or talk to you or something.

Yeah. So we buried my grandpa this past weekend. All of the aunts and my cousin Cate (as well as the little cousins Joel and Jake, who are pretty coo) came into town for the last half of the week (they usually come into town for the Art Fair, which was this weekend, anyways). It was a noisy blast having them around, as always. I have (pretty awesome/funny) pictures up on Facebook. The sad part is: I missed the Art Fair completely. The whole family went on Friday, and we buried Grandpa on Saturday so... yeah. I missed it. I'm sure I'll get over it eventually, but the Art Fair is always a blast to go to, so it's a shame it slipped by it.

But anyways: the ceremony that we did for the burial (the funeral Mass had already been said a few months ago) was really good. It began with a quotation from a guy named Fr. Bede Jarrett (at first I was excited because I thought it was Venerable Bede, but I guess not) that was probably the most profound thing that I've ever heard about death:

Death is only an Horizon
We give them back to you, O Lord,who first gave them to us;
and as you did not lose them in the giving,
so we do not lose them in the return.
Not as the world gives do you give, O Lover of souls.
For what is yours is ours also, if we belong to you.
Life is unending because love is undying, and the boundaries of this life are but an horizon,
and an horizon is but the limit of our vision.

That pretty much wowed me. I really liked that. So anyways, yeah. I'm not sure I have anything else to say, really. I'm sure I'm forgetting /something/. Oh well.

"Won't mean a thing until it hurts! (Is anyone out there?)"
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment