Friday, July 7, 2006

You said it makes you want to fall in love, or be smart enough to keep your distance...

So.. it was my birthday today and, lemme say: your number of Facebook wall-posts /doubles/ on your birthday. Like, the total number. It doubles. Which was fun, because most of those people wouldn't take the time to actually send you a card (it's okay, I'm lazy too) but you still get the fuzzies. Anyways. So this is my "what I did on my birthday" update, just to get that out of the way.

First off: birthdays are always a bit weird for me. Like, I just don't feel any older. It feels like, "Man, this is just another day, why is everybody making such a big deal out of it? That's kind of strange..." So yeah. I went to work today. Work was just pretty normal. None of them knew it was my birthday because, hey... it would be kind of strange to just bring it up. At that point, you're fishing for well-wishes.

At work, however, I got THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER. One of the guys I work with (who is definitely "in the know" as far as the boss is concerned) took me aside and told me that after Monday, they're letting everyone but me, him and one other person go. And the three of us are staying on definitely past when I'm leaving for school. So: I have a job through the end of the summer! Praise the Lord. I always come home for the summer thinking that I'm going to be stuck with a crap job/no job (which is better, who knows?) but God always pulls something great and completely unexpected for me!

After work, I went home, and discovered that not /only/ had my Russian, mechanical 24-hour dial analog watch arrived in the mail (I may put up Facebook pictures soon, it is awesome), but I had also gotten a few checks in the mail. That meant that I was able to deposit them today and have enough to write the check for next semester's tuition /and/ enough to cover the wedding next weekend. One more semester (hopefully /year/) without debt! Here's hoping I can make it to grad school debt free.

On the whole check note: yesterday, I was looking for my check-book to pay for something, and I couldn't find it. Now, it could only ever be in /one/ place. I take it out of that place, write and check, and put it directly back. But it wasn't there! So I was wigging out. I searched the whole house several times today, because the tuition check is due by next Friday. Just as things were starting to get /really/ intense, my mom pulled it out of the /very/ pocket of my file-folder that I keep it in! I had checked that pocket THREE times! Sometimes you just need an extra pair of eyes, I guess. So that was a plus.

After that, I went to Mass, which was celebrated by a really coo priest that I had never seen before. So Mass was really good, then afterwards I went to the Adoration Chapel and prayed a Divine Mercy Chaplet, per usual. That prayer gives me so much peace when I need it.

Dinner was "fillet mignon". Very tasty. Dad and I tried to get into the new Pirates of the Carribean movie, but they were sold out for the next two shows, so we rented "Downfall" and watched that instead. A 2.5-hour German film about the final days of the Third Reich, holed up in a bunker with the Russians closing in. It was very good.

Tomorrow, my parents leave to go up North for a week. My little sister is already in Austria for her band trip (also for a week). And so, for the space of... a week, I will be home alone. Here's hoping for good times. Tomorrow night at "the Condo" should be a blast, I am looking forward to that. There is a bunch of stuff that I haven't written about, but I will refrain from bombarding you all with it. Hopefully this weekend/week, having some time alone will help me to discipline myself and write a bit more, so you all can see a return of the quality/"stuff" that you are accustomed to.

One other cool thing that I got (I just have to mention this) was a 2GB USB drive from my dad. He rightly assumed that that would be an awesome thing to have.

"You can't decide, you can't decide!"
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment