Sunday, July 9, 2006

Revolutionary minds never know to draw the line: running out, running out...

So. The first full day of being home alone! So far so good. Last night for dinner I had a small piece of left-over steak and some breakfast sausage. With mustard and horseradish. Now, I have noticed, within the course of this summer, a new and strange obsession creeping into my tastes: condiments. Which is strange, seeing as for my entire childhood I was a "ketchup only" kid. But within the past year I have begun very much enjoying various mustards and horseradish. Strangely enough, according to Wikipedia, those two are in the same genus! Now if only we can find some connexion between that genus and Cillian Murphy/toasters, we might get some insight into whether there is a pattern to these fixations. So, lest this become "Luke's Fixations Theatre" or "The Things Luke Likes Report", I will simply say: I have a growing affection for/interest in condiments.

Last night the kids held a birthday party for me at Aaron's condo. It was a blast. We pulled out their new hookah (Gilbert) and smoked some mint leaves, which was quite pleasant. Very different from good old tobacco, but (as Aaron said) "Like brushing your lungs". So yeah, pretty soon on in the party I had some of the nicotine in me, which put me in a giggly/giddy mood. Which can be a lot of fun. I was worried for most of the day that I would be in "noise-overload" for the party and just sit there the whole time, which would have stunk for just about everyone.Another highlight of the evening/weekend/summer came later. When Tina had to leave, she had a bunch of stuff to take with her (including the remains of a delicious cake) so I helped her carry it all out to the car. And on the way there, we just kind of started talking, and didn't stop for what must have been at least an hour. It was really good to talk to her again, seeing as we hadn't had a substantial conversation in probably at /least/ a year. So that was a blessing. She is going to call me later this week and we will hang out or do something. "Good times".

Then this morning, Joe and I went to the "Trid Mass" at St. Josephat in D-troit. It was my first Trid Mass ever, so I wasn't sure what I was going to think about it. I'll be blunt, it was pretty frickadiculous (double-plus good). You couldn't hear the priest at /all/ most of the time, unfortunately, so it was a bit hard to follow along, but the whole time was a very powerful experience of peace and grace for me. I'm not sure I'm never going to go to CTK again or anything, but I definitely like the Old Skool I guess.

"Running out like a fire so sweet..."
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment