Monday, May 1, 2006

"What good is saying goodbye, now that you're gone?"

I realized that I forgot a potentially interesting material point in my previous update! I played in a schoolwide dodgeball tournament on Sunday. Despite a fair amount of advertising, only about six teams of six players showed up. It was good fun though. I was going to play on Ms. Fogarty's team, but CTL lost two people last-minute so I had to switch loyalties. Luckily they managed to find a sub for me or I would have felt bad. So my team, the Famous Seventeen, won two games and lost three. We didn't win the tourney, but a Trinity team (the Bees) did. So we're solid there. I hear they kicked the pants off of the Brothers' team, who were pretty-much all talk anyways. During our warmup, I threw the ball pretty hard and popped my shoulder, so that muscle is a little sore now.

This afternoon my Adjustment group had our final "class"/party (an assignment, I swear!). We pretty much went to Damon's and ate cheese-sticks. Oh, and traded our little "affirmation letters". It was pretty fun, not by the nature of the thing but more because the kids in the group are pretty cool, and I actually connected pretty well with most of them. The group is not /nearly/ as awkward as they were at the beginning of the semester.

So tonight I skipped my review nightclass and went to the Playwriting/Acting/Directing Scene-Night. That was pretty good, even if I could only stay for two hours of it. Some good material. They're thinking of doing it once a semester, which would be nice. Home stretch now... I don't really have anything to do before my first final on Monday night.

Hesychia,
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment