Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Should've been better to you, should've given all of myself...

So! My last two finals report!
1) Last night I took my Mariology final. Probably my hardest one, not because it was difficult once I'd studied but because it is generally somewhat difficult to make myself study. I was a paragon of academics, however, and probably studied about three hours for it. So I get there and the first question is: explain the relationship between the Holy Spirit and Mary in Kolbe's Mariology. That was a pretty easy one, he /is/ our household saint after all. It was about a three-pager. The next one was: explain the criteria that the Church uses in investigating Marian private apparitions and summarize Our Lady's message to the world today using Lourdes, Fatima and other contemporary apparitions. So pretty much: tell me everything you know about the modern apparitions and their message! I knew that this was going to be on the final, so I had studied well. It took up about 5-7 pages in my notebook though... and I knew most of that! So needless to say, I ended up filling one and a half bluebooks. I was the fourth-to-last person to leave (which is unusual) and took nearly all two hours to complete the exam. I think that I did pretty well on it though, and luckily the format of his tests made me actually learn the material. It feels pretty nice to actually know the stuff seeing as the desire to learn was the reason that I took that class (for once).
2) This morning I had my Logic exam. It was my easiest exam. I studied about a half hour right before it. I was done in a half hour, and there was only one question that I didn't know, and two that I made educated guesses on. So I figure I'm all set.
3) I got my Epistemology grade in already. I got an A in the class. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to get nearly that in Adjustment.Next item of business! I watched Shawn of the Dead with Mr. Tumnus last night. It is a zombie-movie spoof, for those who are unacquainted. It it had been American, it would have been trashy and vulgar (Americans have forgotten how to make non-trashy comedy). Because it was British, it was pretty clever most of the time and had a variety of very good moments! Of course, being a zombie movie still (spoof or not), it was kind of bloody. But at least they didn't try to play the blood and gore for laughs like those darn Americans would have!

The whole day today has been spent (since 8AM) either taking my final or cleaning/packing my room. I'm still not done and Dad is arriving at 3:30PM (I get off work at 3PM). I pretty much just need the extra duffle-bags that he is bringing anyways. So yeah. I feel kind of dusty. If you're reading this then either I miss you already, or I'll see you soon.

Hesychia,
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment