Monday, May 15, 2006

Put your life on hold as we interest one another...

So, I got a job today. Mike Sauter and I were talking about jobs last night and it turned out that we were both intending to apply for the same landscaping job. I asked if I could get a ride to the place in the morning with him. We figured we'd just go, fill out applications and go home. Instead, the guy decided to interview us right then, then hired us. It was pretty awesome. So I'm working with Mike probably at least 8 hours a day, 6 days a week at $8/hour, untaxed. That's the grace of God right there.

This looks like a really good job too. The guy had a sense of humor, indicated that we should acquire one if we were running low and had a very good understanding of who he was hiring. He knew that he was hiring college students for the summer, that we knew nothing about landscaping and that this wasn't a career for either of us. His emphasis was on professionalism and honesty, so I doubt we'll be working with any deadbeats or druggies. So I'm having really good feelings about this job. Praise God.

I got to confession today, it had been almost a month due to finals and all. It was Fr. Victor, who is very good and pastoral, but not exactly a swift confessor. I was fifth in the line. I waited in line for an hour and fifteen minutes, then had a fifteen minute confession. I woke up this morning feeling lonely again, but things are looking better now. It is /all/ in God's hands.What could we do to merit so great a Savior? Nothing. We deserve that our every relationship would be dominated by the anger, jealousy, lust and selfishness that comes so easily to us. Instead, Christ showers our lives with mercy and salvation. He gives us the undeserved grace to actually love one another. And while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. We do not deserve that love, nor do we often repay it even as best we can. How great is our God, who sent us so mighty a Redeemer!

"I remember when it poured and you sang to me in summer..."
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment